Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Stuff and Fluff

"It is hard to be brave, when you're only a Very Small Animal."
-Piglet, Winnie the Pooh

The past couple of days haven't been the easiest for our baby girl.  We had to remove her from the traction unit a little more than usual for her mental disposition and, well- safety.  Some tantrums cannot be managed with sandbags attached to her legs.  Last night, she would not stop fighting at bedtime until we negotiated for Pooh Bear to accompany her.  Once she relented, I set the stars to shine above them and he faithfully watched over her all night.

In other news...


I finally swung by a local beauty supply store to scope out dry shampoo options.  I am aware that some supermarket brands, such as Tresseme, produce dry shampoos.  If I were sourcing a short term option, I would have given a supermarket brand consideration.  With six months of sponge baths and labored hair washing, however, I sought a professional quality product.  At $18, this was neither cheap nor the most expensive option.  I have since learned that Amazon sells it for approximately $6 less.

I was curious to experiment with our new Hair Play and pounced on the opportunity to test it  on Hip Chick's bed head.  It shot like a fire extinguisher of crushed peppermint.  The sales clerk wasn't kidding when she advised to stand back 12 inches before firing.  Luckily, this product blended easily into her raven hair.  Reviews of other dry shampoos indicated a challenge for brunettes, as they can leave a white film.  No issues here.  So far, I have used it on her for a couple of days in a row with satisfactory results.


This leave-in conditioner is another product I recently added to our arsenal.  While Scottish Rite has been clean and tidy at each visit, I wanted an extra means of protection for our hippie's hair.  As soon as we learned that she would spend extra time in a children's hospital and require additional pediatrician visits, I snagged this from our local beauty supply store.  It smells like lavender and has helped keep her mop of hair tangle-free.  Small price for a little extra piece of mind for Mommy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sydney's mom (Amie),
    I am Reagan's mom (Lori) from PC. Our daughters are friends. I know that Reagan has missed Sydney being at school. I wanted to see if I could get your email address or if you would email me at mine. I wanted to send you all a message. My email address is lori.pendegrass@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

    ReplyDelete