Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Dress Up

 

Today I began pulling clothes for our hippie's spica cast period.  I have not purchased many spica clothes to date, as I was afraid that I would purchase the wrong size- either due to growth spurt or to fit over the cast.  Her cast is expected to add an inch or two of girth and be warm.  So far, these dresses are the big winners.  I treated Hip Chick to a dress up party this afternoon to survey them for roominess.


The Sophie Catalou dresses above are breezy and billowy.  They offer a lot of play- especially the pink one.  This can be a pricey brand, but I found them on sale via Patty Cake Shake Boutique, link here: www.pattycakeshakeboutique.com.  This boutique sells super stylish clothes and its sale prices are remarkable.  Each of the dresses I ordered were under $15 on sale and each penny saved is helpful with a looming surgery bill ahead.



The Juliette Sunshine dress above was also a sale item from Patty Cake Shake Boutique and seems to offer plenty of room.  I think the style is rather groovy.


The Minne Mouse tutu dress above was a gift from someone who recently visited Orlando.  Purchased a size larger than usual and with a stretchy bodice, this should slip over her armpit-high cast with ease.  


This Mythereal dress is a wild card.  It should work, but there are convenient side seams which could be let out in a pinch.  It was either a Zulily or Totsy purchase from last winter.

I will embark on one shopping excursion prior to the surgery for a couple of loose nightgowns or pajama tops and a spring cardigan to get us through the first couple of days, then hunt further once I see her in the cast.  Her medical team advised that pillowcase dresses are a popular option for girls wearing spica casts during spring and summer, so that will be on the list.  I had found a no-sew pillowcase dress "how to" on Pinterest and may give one a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment