Saturday, March 16, 2013

Bright Sunshiny Day


Today's beautiful weather was the perfect exuse to treat Hip Chick to a little sunshine.  One look at her fancied ride and she immediately asked to be dropped in, then requested I drive her out.  She may have missed the local St. Patty's Day parade, but she was stylin' in her own personal float.


I offered for her to bring a friend along and Purple Teddy received first nomination.  She received Purple Teddy while waiting for her check up at our most recent Scottish Rite appointment.  As her nurse wound her legs' new outer bandages, I wrapped Purple Teddy's legs so he could be just like her.  He was the perfect companion for today's excursion.


Much like her first whirl in the wagon, she flipped onto her stomach midway through.  To my surprise, she requested I reattach her good hip (into traction) prior to flipping over.  Perhaps she is more comfortable that way.  Happy outing for a sunny day.


We followed our jaunt with an afternoon of Fantasia... and watched the Mickey portion a half dozen times.

This evening, we treated her to another concert: our My Morning Jacket- Okonokos (Live Concert Film) dvd.  Everyone grabbed an instrument or two, including Big Sis with the drum, and we rocked out to Wordless Chorus.  The day Hip Chick was born, we took that very dvd to the hospital and watched it while I was in labor.  I love how the same music can evolve with us and continue to reach us at varied points along life's journey

No comments:

Post a Comment