Friday, June 28, 2013

"I Go For It"

Hip Chick stunned and amazed us tonight.  Big Sis and I were seated on our love seat and Hip Chick was resting in my lap.  Without warning, she rolled off my lap and onto her stomach.  She pushed herself off of the couch and onto her feet.  This short series of movements was enough to dazzle us, but she had greater aspirations.  She looked me in the eye and announced quite matter-of-factly, "Mommy, I go for it!" Suddenly... she began cruising along the furniture!!  I squealed in excitement and Big Sister's mouth fell agape!  She made her way from me to Big Sis and back... then began exploring a path to her spica desk and the coffee table.

Our hippie then grew adamant that I help her walk. I opted for a slightly different approach than before.  I stood in front of her, holding her forearms.  This helped her to lean forward.  Next thing I knew, she was swinging her hips to "walk!"

She still has a long progression before she can walk independently, but today was a giant leap from her skill set of yesterday.  Who can predict what she will do next or when?

2 comments:

  1. I am so amazed with her mobility. I assume with all her movement that counts as therapy for the healing of her hip. She is such a real trooper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she is self-motivated enough to move and walk that she is essentially pushing herself through a bit of independent rehab. Scottish Rite has also begun preparing us for her post-petrie needs in a few weeks. More on that in a week or so, once we share another discussion or two with her surgeon's office.

    ReplyDelete