Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Crib Slat Foot Injury


In the wee hours of our morning, we awoke to that sound.  It was the sound that every parent dreads- the blood curling, hysterical scream of a terrified or badly injured child.  I rushed into Hip Chick's room to discover her foot tightly wedged between her crib slats, with the spica intensifying its wedge.  It took a little time to free her, especially since I neglected to grab my glasses before flying into her room.

She must have worked to free herself extensively before the hysteria set in.  This morning, a couple of bruises and a blister manifested themselves.  I attempted to photograph the blister (above), but my exposure setting washed it out a bit.  She did not sleep soundly for the remaining of our night, leaving a very exhausted household.

Poor baby.  I can only hope that the position of her next cast is a better fit into her crib.  

No comments:

Post a Comment