Sunday, May 19, 2013

Roses, Lounging, and Spica Maintenance


Happy birthday week, Hip Chick!  One of the names we gave her means "rose."  When she was born, I was infatuated with the idea of filling her room with roses for her birthdays, so I bought a bouquet today.  The vase originated with a generous gift of fresh fruit from my colleagues (after her closed reduction) and was the perfect display for the flowers.  May she enjoy them as much as I envision!


In a prior post, I mentioned that she has begun requesting to play while standing at a certain toy chest.  I snapped the pic above this afternoon.  We place oversized bean bag behind her so she can simply fall back when tired.


In another positioning adjustment, we recrecently purchased new furniture.  Our new couch has built-in recliners.  Whereas we previously lined the flooring around the old couch with bean bags, we can now pop the recliner as an extra safeguard.


Lastly, her cast required a little first aid today.  After two weeks of hard play, her ankles were as displayed above and her chest as below.


She is obviously more active in this cast than the first and Mommy will need to ensure the cast receives proper TLC to last another five weeks.  

I removed the damaged duct tape to the best of my ability (without damaging the cast) and retaped the problem areas.  I ran out of purple tape after mending the ankles and pulled out the butterfly tape from her first cast.  She was so happy to see that Mommy was giving her cast pretty butterflies!  It made her smile and giggle.  If pretty, patterned duct tape helps her feel better about the spica cast, I will buy her any tape her little heart desires.  


No comments:

Post a Comment